Children’s Orthodontic Care - Dallas, TX
Early Treatment for a Healthy Smile That Lasts
While every case is different, our orthodontic office typically asks parents to bring their child in for a visit when they’re around the age of seven. At this point, your son or daughter will have both baby teeth and permanent teeth in their smile, and Dr. Patricia Simon can diagnose possible tooth and jaw problems accurately at this early stage, allowing for simpler, less complicated treatment. Dr. Simon's treatment plan can also guide your child’s jaw, create more space for teeth that may be crowded, improve the width of the upper and lower arches of teeth, and even help to improve speech problems. Contact us to learn more about children's orthodontic care in Lakewood.
Why Choose Lakewood Orthodontics for Children’s Orthodontic Care?
- Patients of All Ages Welcome
- iTero Digital Scanner Technology for Comfortable Impressions
- Friendly, Experienced Dental Team
When Does My Child Need Braces?
Does your child need orthodontic attention right away? Here are some of the tell-tale signs:
- If their baby teeth fall out at an unusually early or late stage in their oral development
- If they have a hard time eating, chewing, and biting food successfully
- If they often breathe through their mouth
- If their teeth are significantly misaligned, crowded against each other, or blocked
- If they suck their thumbs and/or other fingers
- If their jaw constantly makes popping sounds or other echoes when it’s opened and closed
- If their teeth don’t meet in the middle when the mouth is closed, or the placement of the meeting is clearly abnormal
- If the jaws and teeth are clearly not proportionate when compared to the rest of their face
- If their front teeth are crowded when they’re around the ages of seven or eight
Teen Orthodontic Care Adult Orthodontic Care Traditional Metal Braces Ceramic Braces Self-Ligating Braces Invisalign Clear Aligners Two-Phase Treatment Dentofacial Orthopedics Orthodontic Airway Management Surgical Orthodontics Orthodontic Emergencies Oral Appliances View Our Services